With apple season upon us, I thought what better way to celebrate than with an apple and pumpkin recipe? So, I decided on some Apple Pumpkin Pup-Cakes! These “pup” cakes are the perfect way to get some in-season apples into your dog’s diet, along with another autumn staple – pumpkin – and other delicious ingredients to support your canine companion’s health.
APPLE PUMPKIN PUP-CAKES
Makes: 6 Muffins
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- ½ cup of pure organic pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 red apple (preferably organic), peeled and finely chopped
- ½ cup of organic, unsweetened plain applesauce
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp. of flax meal mixed with 3 Tbsp. of warm water)
- ¾ cup of filtered water
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. ground Ceylon cinnamon
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and lining a muffin tin with muffins liners.
- Next, combine all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the pumpkin, apple, applesauce, flax egg, water, and maple syrup and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the lined muffin tins and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to completely cool before removing them from the pan.
- Top with pure pumpkin puree if desired and store leftovers in the fridge.
Try these Apple Pumpkin Pup-Cakes and let us know how your dog enjoyed them!
Originally posted 2018-09-24 13:11:21.