Summertime is all about BBQ’s, picnics and fresh, healthy produce. This organic salad recipe brings you bright summer flavors with fresh corn and roasted peppers!
Organic Salad Recipe
SuperGreens with Summer Corn and Roasted Peppers
Serves 4-6 people
- 1 10oz package organicgirl supergreens
- 2 Red Peppers, to roast
- 2 Poblano Peppers, to roast (use 1 pepper if you like it less spicy)
- 3 Ears of fresh sweet summer corn
- 4 Red spring onions
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 oz Feta cheese (we prefer mild Sheep’s feta cheese)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Bring pot of water to a boil. Shuck corn and boil for 4-5 minutes. (Fresh corn does not take long to cook.) Drain, cool and set aside.
- Roast red and poblano peppers on a grill or on directly on top of the flame on top of your gas stove, until charred on all sides. Place in a paper bag until cool.
- Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk with a fork until completely mixed and set the dressing aside.
- Slice or chop red spring onions and sauté in two tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat for about 5 minutes – until soft and starting to caramelize. Remove from heat.
- Use a knife or corn shucking gadget (see pic) to gently cut the kernels from the cob.
- Once the peppers are cool, take out of paper bag and peel off the outer charred black skin. Remove all seeds and stem and slice the pepper into thin strips.
- Add SUPERGREENS to large bowl and top with corn, red peppers, caramelized red spring onions and feta cheese. Drizzle dressing on top and toss salad gently with hands.
- Serve and enjoy the incredible explosion of summer flavors.
Recipe and images courtesy of Susan Simitz, Earl’s Organic Produce
Originally posted 2015-05-28 16:10:47.