Here’s how to make the perfect traditional or dairy-free whipped cream:
Traditional Whipped Cream
1. Choose your tools and favorite recipe.
- Nested whisks
- Hand mixer
- Mason jar
2. Chill EVERYTHING (bowls, tools, heavy cream or coconut milk, etc.).
3. Combine cream in bowl with some vanilla, a pinch of sea salt, and a liquid sweetener like honey, maple syrup, or brown rice syrup (incorporates better and is better for you than refined sugar). If you’re feeling daring, a dash of black pepper adds drama. Alternatively, combine ingredients in a mason jar.
4. Whip in bowl until soft peaks form. If using mason jar, shake until desired consistency is reached.
Dairy-Free Whipped Cream
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Grade A maple syrup
- 1/4 vanilla bean, seeds removed
- pinch sea salt
1. Chill a can of full-fat organic coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. (We love Native Forest because the cans are BPA-free.)
2. Once cold, the coconut water will separate from the coconut cream. Scoop out the cream (saving the water for another use), and use as you would regular cream. 1 can will yield approx. ¾ cup of coconut cream. Best whipped with a hand-mixer.
3. Whip in bowl until soft peaks form. If using a mason jar, shake until desired consistency is reached.
Serve over Strawberry Shortcake, Chocolate Pudding, a bowl of fresh berries, or as a dip for fresh fruit. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2017-02-14 11:21:11.