Looking for a gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, hypoallergenic, delicious treat for your dog? Look no further! These Blueberry Hemp Dog Cookies fit the bill. These cookies contain blueberries, coconut flour and hemp seeds, making them a superfood cookie. The coconut flour takes the place of grain-based flours, making it great for dogs who are sensitive to grains. These treats are dog-approved and you can feel good about feeding them to your four-legged companion!
Blueberry Hemp Dog Cookies
Makes: 14 treats
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 large egg (Or 1 flax egg if your dog is intolerant to eggs. Combine 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds + 3 Tbsp. warm water and let sit for 10 minutes to thicken)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries (preferably organic), chopped
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 4 Tbsp. applesauce (preferably organic; be sure to use unsweetened with no added ingredients)
- 4 Tbsp. water
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next, add the coconut flour to a mixing bowl and add in the egg. If using a flax egg, combine 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds and 3 Tbsp. of warm water. Allow the flax egg to sit for 10 minutes and then add to the coconut flour.
- Mix in the hemp seeds, baking soda and applesauce and stir well.
- Add the water and stir.
- Next, gently fold in the blueberries.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the baking sheet and gently flatten with the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies start to brown.
- Allow cookies to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet.
These cookies will keep fresh for a few days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge, but don’t expect them to last that long!