Dress up your veggies with this vegan ranch dressing. We love it over butter lettuce and shiitake mushrooms or as a dipping sauce for collard wraps. It’s a delicious way to enjoy protein and veggies together and, when eaten as a snack or at lunch, provides sustainable energy to last throughout the day.
Feeling more decadent? Toss this with chilled potatoes, chopped celery, and capers for a Ranch Potato Salad.
Vegan Ranch Dressing
- ¼ cup cashew
- ¼ cup raw tahini
- 2 ¼ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt, more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons water, more as necessary
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until thoroughly combined, adding more water as necessary until desired consistency is reached.
*Big shout out to our friends at Bauman College for their assistance in developing this rockstar recipe!
Image courtesy of Elana’s Pantry
Originally posted 2014-10-07 17:15:08.