Who doesn’t love pumpkin pie? And if you’re vegan, there is no reason to miss out on this classic dessert. This vegan pumpkin pie recipe only takes 3 steps. Plus: it has a low glycemic index and almost no baking!
Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Place one of the following winter squash, cut-side down, in a preheated 375-degree oven:
- 3 lb Sugar Pie Pumpkin (halved; 1 ½ hours)
- 3 lb Delicata Squash (halved; 30 minutes)
- 3 lb Butternut Squash (peeled, seeded, and cubed; 40 minutes)
Puree the following in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth:
- roasted squash/pumpkin puree (from any of the above)
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Spicely Organics Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon orange zest (optional)
Fill pre-baked pie shell with Spiced Pumpkin filling and transfer to the refrigerator overnight to set.
That’s it! You do not have to bake this pie. Top with your favorite whipped cream or non-dairy whipped cream. You can find our recipe here. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2016-11-10 10:58:04.